Saturday, November 30, 2019

Stories of YES #31 - Trust



"You're the first person I trusted." Brooklyn spoke these words to me earlier this week as she wrapped her arms around me for a tight hug. She laid her head against me as the power of God's amazing grace and love filled me.
.
I have done nothing to deserve the blessing and opportunity to raise her. God's redeeming miracles carried her almost 8,000 miles to be mine, but most importantly, His.
.
On Thanksgiving Day, we each spoke words of thankfulness and prayer. We all shared thoughts and what we were most thankful for at this time. I enjoyed hearing what every family member spoke, but my children and grandson bring an extra blessing to my ears and heart.
.
Brooklyn was quieter than normal and asked to be given more time to think of what she wanted to articulate. Although she has been with us for four years now, and she has learned a lot of vocabulary, sometimes it is still difficult to find the correct words to convey thoughts and emotion.
.
As we went around the table, I was blessed to hear the thoughts of my special loved ones. When we came back to Brooklyn, she simply stated, "I am thankful to not live there anymore." I already knew everything that was on her heart. She didn't need to say more. She tells me every day how much she loves us, her family. She shows us everyday in her words and actions. Every day she tells me how much she loves that I am her mommy.
.
Adoption has done more than touch our life. Adoption has reshaped our life. I pray that through our family and others you know, you have seen God at work. Adoption even changed our son as He recognized God's hand. Adoption showed me that although there would not be a need for it in a perfect world, God blesses in many ways through the act of adoption. His own son was sent into the world and raised through adoption. God's family is built through adoption.
.
I know we must recognize and respect the history and background of an adopted child, but we must also live in the present and future by raising them through Him, and allowing them to find their true worth and story through Him. He knows them intimately. He loves our child and has placed them with us for a purpose.
.
On this last day of November and Adoption Awareness Month, I pray that if your heart has ever been stirred to find out more about adoption, that you will feel free to ask me questions. Most of all, I ask you to open your heart through prayer, to what God might be calling you to do, whether it is adopting or assisting someone else in the process through prayer, assistance financially or in running errands, caring for their children during respite, or in whatever way you can help.
.
In Brooklyn fashion, let me say, "You are the first people I have trusted with the stories of my precious girls." I pray you have seen God at work. We're a simple family in love with a BIG God who has blessed us beyond measure simply because He is good. He took what little we had to offer and multiplied it beyond our dreams."
- Terri Hitt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.