Friday, November 8, 2019

Stories of YES #28 - View from a Courtroom


"It was well over a year ago when I met them at Duffy's restaurant to first talk about adoption over appetizers. As the conversation began to blossom in those hours, I witnessed the opening of hearts, and I felt like I could tangibly see the Lord working already through them - the sparkle in their eyes read "hope," and I could see the willingness of their spirits to dive into the unknowns and discover all that God had in store for them. We went our separate ways, and it was only months later that they were matched with their precious boy.
.
Today I had the privilege of gathering with them in a court room where they - tearfully - made it official to dedicate their lives and make him their own son forever - to give God their shout-it-out-loud YES to the precious gift they’ve been given. I witnessed firsthand the unconditional love of this boy's village made up of family, close friends, and members of their faith community. Today, his forever begins.
.
During National Adoption Month, we never want to gloss over the realities that first had to happen in order for adoption to be, but we must always glorify God for the good that's been done.Today we celebrate the truth that this little boy is so very loved, and he is - now and forever - a treasured son.
.
Happy Forever family day, sweet boy. I am so thankful your parents didn't miss this. I know they will never be the same."

 - Lisa Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.