Saturday, March 23, 2013

Five more

Today's book signing at Family Christian was such fun. I sold five books, which might not sound like a lot, but I think it's huge. Because five more hearts were opened to Daniel today. And five more lives may be inspired by his journey in some way!

But more than the number books sold, today was amazing because of the conversations that took place. I met some real folks today, and I was given the opportunity to witness my faith. I also enjoyed hearing faith testimonies from others who took time to share them with me. There were several women who shed some tears as they listened to Daniel's journey and our family's walk of faith. Let's just say there was a lot of hugging going on in that store today! Several people even offered up possible contacts for the book at their various churches, and I walked away with a brand new to-do list!

Everywhere I looked, it seemed there were signs of Daniel--up on the wall, over my left shoulder--a picture frame with the poem "Broken Chain" printed on it. Does that sound familiar? You might recognize it because it's printed in the book. The poem's creator, Ron Tranmer, graciously granted me permission to share its lovely message.  And to the left of me--a wall hanging with Psalm 91 printed on it--a Bible verse that was also mentioned in the book and one that I leaned on during our time in the hospital.

Thankfully, I've been invited back!  I hope to be there every few months. I am so grateful for more experiences to connect with seemingly total strangers, who are all really just my brothers and sisters in Christ!
My table at the front entrance.
This is my first customer of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.