Monday, September 24, 2012

All worth it

I know that some of you have ordered the book. But I haven't received much feedback yet.

At this stage of the project, my type-A (and sometimes insecure) mind begins to wander about the impact (or lack thereof) of our story. Then on Friday, a friend and very eloquent writer, happened to share a quite fitting quote on her blog:

"God does not supply grace for our imagination."


(You can read the whole post here: http://www.lorimccary.com/2012/09/the-right-to-choose.html)

Ain't that the truth? I sometimes have to remind myself that this is not about "me," and there is no room for my insecurity here!  But as if to fulfill my "need" for a scrap of validation anyway, the Holy Spirit answered, and we received three beautiful notifications on Friday--all from very special sisters in Christ, that they'd received the book that very day and could hardly wait to dig into it.

News that filled my soul.

But today, I received the most I could ask for. An email from a friend containing these words that totally filled my heart:

"I want to adopt again and I want a closer walk with Jesus everyday." 


Those are two out of my three initial hopes and goals for Daniel's story!  

To know that our son's story has made an impact on at least one person?  

No words, my friends. That's the feedback that makes this project all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.