Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stories of YES #37



Yesterday my baby girl played alone in her room for a little while- (which never happens, she never wants to be alone ever again). When she came and found me in the next room she sat down quietly and said, “I made an orphanage mom. But in my orphanage there are enough nannies to take care of all the babies AND they love them.”

As a little girl, my world was small. There were no orphanages full of lonely babies longing to be touched and fed. There were no nights in the cold darkness listening to the loud shrieks and moans coming from all corners.

The utter feeling of being completely alone.

Some days the lives my girls lived before being placed in our arms smacks me square in the jaw. It’s there. The elephant in the room that you can never push out the door no matter how mightily you are willing to shove - and believe me, I’ve both wanted and tried.

So today I just closed the door, sat down, and softly cried for all things lost. For all things a “fixer” cannot - and was not meant to - fix. For the weight my girls carry in their hearts every single day. For orphanages full of lonely children longing to be loved. And for little girls silently hoping they will be. 

- Lisa Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.