Thursday, July 25, 2013

Stopping the Clock

The kids and I were in the car yesterday returning home after visiting with an old friend. Well, not an "old" friend, actually...but rather a dear friend. You know what I mean?  Anyway...you can read more about that here.

On the ride home, we were near the Mausoleum in Boca Raton, where Daniel's ashes "live," so we did not want to pass up a chance to stop.

As we neared the cemetery, Sophia (one of Madi's "sisters") made the observation that Madi is so much closer to Charlie than she was with Daniel. 

I, then, pointed out how Charlie's been part of our family for over two years now, and that Daniel was only with us for four months. I followed up my explanation with, "Doesn't it seem like he was with us for so much longer?"

Sophia replied, "Wow, Auntie Lisa...it's like God stopped the clock for us." 

Such a profound statement from an eight year-old child, isn't it? I wish she had given me that quote before I published the book!

Thank you, Sophia, for your wonderful perspective. Yes, it definitely seems like God stopped the clock for us so that our time with Daniel seems like an eternity.  

Praise Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.