Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Bee's Knees



I recently received a message from Suzanne, the owner of The Bee's Knees Learn & Play in Delray Beach.  Suzanne graciously asked if I would like to put some of my books on their shelves.

It was kind of a "God thing," because I haven't seen Suzanne in years. Not since before Madi was in school, and we used to play there on a regular basis.

Her contact stirred up some unexpected and warm memories.

Because I remembered that I used to go there with Madi when we were waiting for Daniel's arrival. And we almost always went with our friend, Vanessa, and her children.

While the kids played, I would bend Vanessa's ear about Daniel, about our excitement of his arrival, and about our plans for his surgery and his life with us. I could hardly wait to see him running around The Bee's Knees with his big sister.

It was a magical time, filled with hope and anticipation.

Like waiting for Jesus.

So three years later, I find it quite ironic that our son is not running around The Bee's Knees. But his story is.

And hopefully he'll open some hearts there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.