Monday, July 27, 2020

Stories of Yes #51 - HOPE in the village


"All my life, all I’ve ever wanted to be was a mom. For years, I was a temporary mom, filling in the gap for so many. Taking risks, giving my heart away, saying yes, getting attached, so that a child could know the love of a mother. And it was so worth it. Every heartache, every sleepless night, will always be worth it if it means a child gets a chance to know love.
Now here I am at 24, forever mom to 3 amazing kiddos here on earth, and 2 angels that ran ahead of me to heaven. I’m living a miracle that feels like a dream.
.
If you’re considering foster care or adoption, or chasing whatever calling God has placed on your life, my advice to you is this: go all in, say yes, do the hard. You will never regret the love you give away, or the time you invest in the life of a child. Jesus is infinitely greater than anything this world has to offer. He doesn’t promise us that it will be easy, but he promises us it will be worth it." 

- Addisyn López

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.