Friday, May 31, 2013

Yesterday. Today. Tomorrow.

 

Thanks to all of you who remembered Daniel yesterday or said a prayer for him. One dear friend even reported a rainbow sighting. I was hoping that I would see one, too, but I didn't.

I wonder if some of you still feel sorry for us. Please don't. We are clearly not in a "woe is me" place. We're really not.

And some of you might think, "Will they ever move on?"  Trust me when I say that we have moved on. We just choose to bring Daniel with us. He is our son, now...and forever. Even if we can't see him.

I know that some of you might feel sympathetic for the painful emotions we've endured in the past three years, but haven't we all?  Haven't we all suffered in ways that bring us closer to God? I hope so, because I believe that's where faith is deepened and defined. It's through our suffering that we see the real beauty of His sacrifice and His love for us.

We truly feel like God is saying, "Daniel's here with me, and he's fine. You'll be fine, too, I promise. Trust me. It will be okay."

Here we sit three years after our son's mission in this life ended, and Jimmy and I still feel so very blessed.  

We were the ones who got to be Daniel's parents and love him to Heaven. And there's endless joy in that truth.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa. How do you manage to find the words to convey all you must be feeling? Lots of love to your whole family, including your son Daniel in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rita:) You always manage to find the right words of comfort and encouragement. I appreciate you:)

      Delete
  2. The Gilbreth family of Cheaper by the Dozen fame had 12 children. The second oldest died at age 5, before many of the others were born. The parents talked about her to their kids and friends. I have the book if you want to borrow it.
    Amy S.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments warm our hearts.