Friday, May 10, 2013

Three years ago

Three years ago today, my emotions were stirring.

Jimmy and I were headed down to Miami with Daniel.

We'd just parted ways with Madi, and with my parents, at this very time. I can still remember the pit in my stomach. The innate fear of any parent facing major surgery.

Lord, can we please turn this car around? Can we just drive the other way and live happily ever after?

Our son was a different child that day. He possessed an air of confidence that was both noticeable and new.

I still remember our last meal together that evening. Jimmy and I slept with Daniel between us that night. If I'd only known the future, I would've made him sleep between us every night.

These are some of the last pictures we have with our son. We cherish them.

 
 
 

Daniel's open-heart surgery took place three years ago tomorrow, and well, if you know us, or if you've read the book, you know how our son's journey to Heaven unfolded before us in the nineteen days to come.

We can't change it. We can't go back. Our faith tells us to trust, and to believe.

And we do.

But that doesn't mean it's always easy.

Love you, Dan Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.