Tuesday, January 29, 2013

an account closed, a door opened

I had another one of those amazing God-incidences today.

Last fall, I opened up an account through Stamps.com, so I could ship books directly from the house.

I didn't realize, at the time, that there is a monthly fee involved. It's not much, but it's a cost that I can't justify right now with my stay-at-home mom status and Jimmy's new real estate career, so I decided to close the account.

When I called them today, I felt an instant connection with the representative who answered.

His name was Daniel.

He was attentive, kind, and even waived last month's fee for me.

I couldn't help but mention, at the end of the call, that I had taken note of his name right at the beginning of our conversation, and that I had written a book about our son, Daniel, who is now in Heaven. 

And then he tells me that he, too, had a son named Daniel.

Who is also in Heaven. 

In complete awe, we shared our son's stories. His Daniel passed away many years ago as a one-year old baby. He was a precious little preemie who suffered from lung issues.

"He struggled for a while, but he just couldn't get to where he needed to be," he said.

And I couldn't help but cry out, "He did get to where he needed to be!"

Oh yes indeed, I believe those babies are exactly where they need to be...in the loving arms of Jesus. It just wasn't how or when--as parents--we'd planned that they'd get there.

This loving father shared how deeply he was touched by his son's brief life, and that he was so thankful for the experience that God had given him.

And here the Holy Spirit put us together on a phone call today.  Just to meet--for a brief time--and share our similar bond of our angel babes who watch over us.

Had I not been prompted by the Holy Spirit to mention Daniel, we would have hung up that phone without ever knowing that we shared such a blessed connection.

These are the encounters that blow me away. Those pieces of the puzzle that God puts together in our lives and unite us in His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.