Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Publisher - Check

I really wanted to start the New Year on a good note with this special project, so we decided to secure a self-publishing firm.

And our choice is (drum roll please).....WestBow Press, a division of Thomas Nelson.

A couple of months ago, I reached out to an author in hopes of gaining a cover blurb. While I haven't managed to accomplish that task, her kind assistant was able to answer a few questions and offer some advice. She had heard of WestBow Press and knew of several people who'd been happy with their services.

So I decided to give them a call, and the representative who answered my call--her name was "Angel." I liked what I learned about the company, and it truly felt right.  Meant to be.

One of the main reasons that we chose to work with WestBow is that they are a Christian publishing company. Daniel's story is clearly one of faith, so the fit made perfect sense to us.

Though it's not probable, there is a *chance* that Thomas Nelson (the parent company) could pick up our story. We'll keep our fingers crossed, but it's not likely, and we're okay with that (but it sure would be nice!) Thomas Nelson is also the parent company of the Women of Faith ministries, which I believe (and hope) will be a perfect target market for Daniel's story to make a difference. 

I feel like this is the first big step to getting his story into the right hands, and I'm happy to have one major decision behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.