Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Heaven sent

You might remember, from With an Open Heart, that our local friends and faith community hosted a fundraising event in November of 2010 to help us bring Charlie home.

Our friends had also designed bracelets that were "tickets" for the event. They were green rubber bracelets that read "Think of Daniel."  I cried when they gave one to me.

Three and a half years later, I still wear this bracelet every day

About a month ago, I noticed that my bracelet had changed a bit. In fact, I realized that "Think of Daniel" wasn't even legible anymore from the years of wear. The words had disappeared totally. But I kept thinking--as I'd look down--that it didn't really matter if I could read those words or not. Because I know them in my heart.

This afternoon, I delivered Madi to my friend Carrie's house for a playdate with her daughters. You might remember reading about Carrie in the book, too. She is one of my most treasured sisters-in-Christ.

Madi knocked on the door, and as I was about to drive away once she was united with her friends, the girls came running out of the house toward the van shouting, "Here! My mom told us to give this to YOU!"

They handed me a brand new "Think of Daniel" bracelet.  How on earth did she know?

I'm certain The Holy Spirit must've whispered in her ear. And I believe Daniel knew that his Mommy needed a new bracelet.

Heaven sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.