Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Change is Good.

Last night, I received one of the most powerful statements about With an Open Heart ever:

"I just finished your book today.  Let me tell you, it changed my life."

That solitary comment made me want to collapse on the floor into a big, sloppy heap of tears...not tears of sadness, but tears of joy...of praise and thanksgiving to God, our Almighty Father.

It might sound a little dramatic, but it's true.

Because He did this.

It was He who gave us our precious son.

It was He who gave me the strength and fortitude to share Daniel's story, and HE who sent his Holy Spirit to help me.

It is He who has changed my life.

That's what God does, isn't it? He takes the painful, the gut-wrenching, and the heartache and when we turn to Him, He can transform it all into JOY and into HOPE.

He changes lives.

He gives us thorns, but he also gives us the rose. And with pruning, and watering, and sunlight, all the intricate layers of beauty are exposed. Like the rose, our lives with all their twists and turns--and thorns--are made beautiful with the Light of His Son; they are made new with the watering of His mercy and grace.

May He be glorified for that beauty.

Change is good God.







As a side note, I desperately want to reach out to the person who posted that comment, but I cannot figure out who you are (sorry)! Please email me at lisa.michelle.murphy@gmail.com. I want to hear your story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.