Sunday, June 9, 2013

Sacred Heart

Our adoption community lost two precious heart babies from China on Friday; a precious little girl named Zoe, and a sweet little boy named John Thomas. Both of these angels were around the same age as Daniel was when he went to Heaven. Much like our path, both families recently embarked on their journeys to adopt these children and fell in love with them instantly. And though these babes weren't in their lives long, it is clear that their families loved them unconditionally and wholeheartedly.

I felt so silent yesterday. While I don't know these families personally, I desperately want to reach out and help them. But how? And so, I am left feeling paralyzed. I know the emotions that lie ahead for these parents and siblings. I know the pain in their hearts. The aching to see those sweet faces and to touch their children's soft skin again. The pangs of questioning how this could happen after these children waited so long for families to love them. To finally fall asleep only to wake up and realize it's not a bad dream. It's their new reality.

But I also know that God is the real medicine that will heal their wounds. I hear that they are both faith-filled families, and I am so glad that Jesus is their anti-depressant, and faith is their painkiller (the same trusty medicine that our family relied on). It appears both families are adored and lifted up by their communities, so that also gives me tremendous peace.  The gaping holes in their souls will surely be filled again.

And then I remembered something else. Something BIG. 

Friday was the first Friday honoring the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus! What a beautiful day to meet Him! I find it miraculous that these babes went to Heaven on such a special day in our Catholic faith.  It was the same way I felt about Daniel departing from the earth on Trinity Sunday.  

Hallelujah.

This is some of the text from our Living Liturgy about the Sacred Heart of Jesus:

"The human heart is a symbol for love and life. This solemnity in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is a day on which we not only rejoice in Jesus' intimate relationship with us, but also in his incredible sacrificial love. The Sacred Heart is a divine heart that loves totally, rejoices fully, and gives life freely."

I will now remember these precious children each year on a very special day in our faith honoring the Sacred Heart of Jesus. 

Please pray for the Carr family and the Hammond family, and their angels who've entered the Kingdom of Heaven.  May their broken hearts be completely healed by the Hands and Heart of God.

I can only hope that Daniel's being a good big brother up there. I just know he is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.