Monday, April 29, 2013

SVF Bookfair

I mention St. Vincent Ferrer Catholic Church frequently here on the blog, because it's our family's home away from home. SVF holds a special place in our hearts, and in our lives.

This year, the coordinator of their school book fair has graciously invited me to come sign copies of With an Open Heart to benefit the school! What an honor. I'm very excited about helping the school with this event.

The point of contact at the store was so kind and helpful on the phone, and when I read this sweet email she sent me on Daniel's birthday, I almost melted. It was a beautiful gift on that difficult day...
  
"Lisa, when we spoke about your book, I am sorry to admit that I really didn't take a moment to read the synopsis.  I am always juggling a million tasks at one time here and making sure we carried the book and was able to get it for the signing was my priority.

However, this morning I took a moment to read what your book is about, following your P.S. on your last e-mail about Daniel would have been 5.  I am truly moved by your story and the strength to write it.  I can't even imagine your loss and how you go from day to day.  Now, more than ever, I am looking forward to meeting you and helping you sell your books.  Thank you for contacting me about the opportunity to work with you in conjunction with the St. Vincent Bookfair on May 7th."

Is that a heart-grabber, or what? But it is the Holy Spirit who gave me the strength to write about Daniel, and the Grace of God that gets us through the storms. Just like everyone else.

What a beautiful message from someone I've never met. She ordered fifty books for the sale. Yes...you read that right...FIFTY books!  Please show up, people!  

Here are the details:

St. Vincent Ferrer BOOK FAIR
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Barnes & Noble Bookstore
333 N. Congress Ave., Boynton Beach
3:00pm – 8:30pm

*SVF Drama, Twirlers, Irish Step & Karate Performances!
*Store-Wide Scavenger Hunt
*Raffle
*Bookmark & Photography Poster Contest Winners Announced
*Book Signing by Parishioner/Author of “With an Open Heart,” Lisa Murphy
*SVF required summer reading books will be posted and available for purchase at the book fair.

SVF will get credit for purchases made in the store, as well as in the Barnes & Noble Café. Be sure to sign in at the SVF Welcome Table.

And if you can’t make it to the event,  please shop online in support of the Book Fair at bn.com/bookfairs, using Book Fair ID #11023009. Enter the ID on the payment page so SVF can get credit. Barnes & Noble will honor purchases made from 5/2/13 – 5/7/13, online or in the store!
 

We hope to see you there, and thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments warm our hearts.