Thursday, January 24, 2013

Daniel Days

I call these my "Daniel Days."

Because this month is pretty much when it all started.  God prepared our hearts in the month of January to receive our beautiful son on January 24th, 2010. The month was spent feverishly nesting, planning, and packing for travel to China, 

all while our love for a son we'd never met kept growing and growing.

Three years ago today, we were united with him. I can still vividly remember my emotions at the time...as if it was just yesterday. My fear and uncertainty all blended together with excitement and pure joy. The closer I got to that moment when Daniel was placed into my arms, the more God poured His strength into me so that I'd handle our union with grace and unconditional love. 

Although we knew of Daniel's serious heart condition, we weren't expecting to welcome a sick child into our arms. And oh my heart...our baby was so sick. My Mama bear claws came out without warning, as I clutched Daniel in my arms and immediately came to his defense as his Mom

Forever his Mom.

Tonight, Jimmy and I will watch our Gotcha Day videotape footage, we will revisit our trip to China, we will embrace and treasure every memory of our sweet beginnings with Daniel, and we shall surely shed a tear...or maybe a few more.

Daniel, you are eternally present in our lives, son...forever etched in our hearts.

Happy Gotcha Day, Angel boy:)

1 comment:

Your comments warm our hearts.